Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”) carefully. They contain the legal terms and conditions that govern your use of services provided to you by Cue Career, including information, text, images, graphics, data or other materials (“Content”) and products and services provided through www.cuecareer.com and other Cue Career mobile applications as well as all elements, software, programs and code forming or incorporated in to www.cuecareer.com (the “Service”). This Service is operated by Cue Career, Inc. (“CueCareer”). Cue Career is also referred to in these Terms as “we”, “our”, and “us”.
By using our Service, you agree to be bound by Section I of these Terms (“General Terms”), which contains provisions applicable to all users of our Service, including visitors to the Cue Career website (the “Site”). If you choose to register as a member of our Service, you will be asked to check a box indicating that you have read, and agree to be bound by, the additional terms set forth in Section II of these Terms (“Additional Terms”).
Section I: General Terms
This Service is provided by Cue Career on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis and Cue Career reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service, in its sole discretion, at any time and without notice. You agree that Cue Career is and will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Cue Career is, unless otherwise stated, the owner of all copyright and data rights in the Service and its contents. Individuals who have posted content to Cue Career are either the copyright owners of the component parts of that work or are posting the work under license from a copyright owner or his or her agent or otherwise as permitted by law. You may not reproduce, distribute, publicly display or perform, or prepare derivative works based on any of the Content including any such works without the express, written consent of Cue Career or the appropriate owner of copyright in such works. You agree not to distribute any part of the Service other than Your Content in any medium other than as permitted in these Terms of Service or by use of functions on the Service provided by us. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service unless expressly permitted to do so by us or by use of functions on the Service provided by us. Please see Usage policy.
Reporting Copyright Violations
Cue Career respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Service to do the same. At Cue Career’s discretion and in appropriate circumstances, Cue Career may remove Your Content submitted to the Site, terminate the accounts of users or prevent access to the Site by users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe the copyright in your work or in the work for which you act as an agent has been infringed through this Service, please contact Cue Career. You must provide our agent with substantially the following information, which Cue Career may then forward to the alleged infringer (see 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3) for further details):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Cue Career may provide links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Cue Career is not responsible or liable for: the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or the Content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Cue Career of such websites or resources or the Content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Third Party Software
As a convenience, we may make third-party software available through the Service. To use the third-party software, you must agree to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party provider and the agreement to use such software will be solely between you and the third party provider. By downloading third party software, you acknowledge and agree that the software is provided on an “AS IS” basis without warranty of any kind. In no event shall Cue Career be liable for claims or damages of any nature, whether direct or indirect, arising from or related to any third-party software downloaded through the Service.
You agree that you shall not interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) this Service or servers or networks connected to this Service, or to disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this Service; or provide any information to Cue Career that is false or misleading, that attempts to hide your identity or that you do not have the right to disclose. Cue Career does not endorse any content placed on the Service by third parties or any opinions or advice contained in such content. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Cue Career, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and expert fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Services, or your violation of these Terms.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
Cue career makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of the service, or the content or products, provided through the service. You expressly agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk. Cue career disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Cue career makes no warranty as to the security, reliability, timeliness, and performance of this service. You specifically acknowledge that cue career is not liable for your defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct, or such conduct by third parties, and you expressly assume all risks and responsibility for damages and losses arising from such conduct. Except for the express, limited remedies provided herein, and to the fullest extent allowed by law, cue career shall not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from use of the service, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages, even if cue career has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing disclaimers, waivers, and limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of or limitations on certain warranties or damages. Therefore, some of the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. In no event shall cue career’s aggregate liability to you exceed the amounts paid by you to cue career pursuant to this agreement.
Amendment of the Terms
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. If you have registered as a member, we shall notify you of any material changes to these Terms (and the effective date of such changes) by sending an email to the address you have provided to Cue Career for your account. For all other users, we will post the revised terms on the Site. If you continue to use the Service after the effective date of the revised Terms, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, your sole remedy shall be to discontinue using the Service.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Cue Career and you with respect to your use of the Service. Cue Career’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If a court should find that one or more provisions contained in these Terms is invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Terms shall be enforceable. Cue Career shall have the right to assign its rights and/or delegate its obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, to any person or business entity. You may not assign your rights or delegate your obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of Cue Career. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of California.
If you have any comments or questions about the Service please contact us by email at email@example.com with the subject Question on the Service.
Section II: Additional Terms
To register as a member of the Service, you must be 13 years or lawfully permitted to enter into and form contracts under applicable law. In no event may minors submit Content to the Service. You agree that the information that you provide to us upon registration, at the time of purchase, and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete. You also agree that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up to date at all times. This is especially important with respect to your email address, since that is the primary way in which we will communicate with you about your account.
When you register as a member you will be asked to provide a password. You are responsible for safeguarding the password and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You shall immediately notify Cue Career of any unauthorized use of your password.
Chat Rooms and Forums – As a registered member of the Service, you will be granted the privilege of participating in chat rooms and forums on the Cue Career website as part of the Service, which means you may post Your Content in the form of text for display in these areas of the Cue Career website, subject to your compliance with the Terms.
Cue Career has no ability to control the Content you may upload, post or otherwise transmit using the Service and does not have any obligation to monitor such Content for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all Content and material you upload, post or otherwise transmit using the Service.
At this time, Cue Career provides free online storage of Your Content to registered members of the Service. However, you acknowledge and agree that Cue Career may, at its option, establish limits concerning your use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that Your Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum size of any Content files that may be stored on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted to you for the storage of Content on Cue Career’s servers. Furthermore, you acknowledge that Cue Career reserves the right to terminate or suspend accounts that are inactive, in Cue Career’s sole discretion, for an extended period of time (thus deleting or suspending access to your Content). Without limiting the generality of Section 9, Cue Career shall have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained on the Service and you are solely responsible for creating back-ups of Your Content. You further acknowledge that Cue Career reserves the right to modify its storage policies from time to time, with or without notice to you.
You agree to be subject to and to conduct yourself in accordance with the Cue Career Etiquette Policy. You are responsible for all of Your Content you upload, download, and otherwise copy, distribute and display using the Service. You must have the legal right to copy, distribute and display all parts of any content that you upload, download and otherwise copy, distribute and display. Content provided to you by others, or made available through websites, magazines, books and other sources, are protected by copyright and should not be uploaded, downloaded, or otherwise copied, distributed or displayed without the consent of the copyright owner or as otherwise permitted by law. Please refer to Cue Career’s Usage Policy for further details.
You agree not to use the Service:
Industry Associations as Customers
WHEREAS, the Customer is an Industry Association, who wish to promote the paralegal profession to qualified students and to further promote the benefits of membership in the association; and
WHEREAS, the Company is owner and operator of the Cue Career Platform designed to empower students with knowledge of possible career paths and with connections to professional associations that would benefit them in starting and advancing their careers; and
THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained in this Agreement, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the parties hereto agree as follows:
Marketing and Promotion — Both parties shall place a link to the other’s business when using Career Content and each shall use reasonable diligence in the development and dissemination of the Career Content and Marketing Material.
“Marketing Material” shall mean other material used to promote the Industry Association the benefits and/or the efficacy of the Cue Career platform.
“Career Content” shall mean a career exploration digital video and audio recording of Customer’s association members aimed at promoting the paralegal profession to students and to further promote the benefits of membership in the association. Customer shall arrange for members to be available to Company for recording the Career Content digital video. Company is responsible for recording the Customer’s members and creating the career exploration video and delivering an electronic file containing the finished video to Customer for use on its website and for other uses approved by Company.
Ownership of Career Content Video
The Company Cue Career is the owner of all the titles, rights and interests in Career Content Video and the Company thus may continue to use the video to promote its interests even after this agreement is terminated for any reason. Customer acknowledges that it has only license to use the video through the Company’s platform and in the manner intended by the parties. The Customer will not make copies of or alter the video unless authorized by Company.
Customer makes no express or implied warranties regarding the Career Content Video other than that the video is what it purports to be and that to the best of Company’s knowledge use of the product is not an infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights. THE ABOVE-STATED LIMITED WARRANTY REPLACES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Specification and Services Completion.
Both Customer and Company shall retain all intellectual property rights in any logos, graphics, text, images or other components owned and transmitted to either party for use in fulfillment or creation of marketing material and career content.
For all of Company’s Services under this Agreement, Customer shall compensate Company in cash, pursuant to the terms of the invoice. In the event Customer fails to make any of the payments referenced in invoice by the deadline set forth in the invoice, Company has the right, but is not obligated, to pursue any or all of the following remedies: (1) terminate the Agreement; (2) withhold all materials, Services, and creative content administered by Company on behalf of Customer; (3) bring legal action.
Customer and Company acknowledge and agree that the Specifications and all other documents and information related to the engagement of marketing (the “Confidential Information”) will constitute valuable trade secrets of each party. Both parties shall keep the Confidential Information in confidence and shall not, at any time during or after the term of this Agreement, without the other’s prior written consent, disclose or otherwise make available to anyone, either directly or indirectly, all or any part of the Confidential Information. Excluded from the “Confidential Information” definition is anything that can be seen by the public in any marketing medium or channel.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall be in the Los Angeles County, California Superior Court.
This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors and assigns, provided that neither party assigns any of their obligations under this Agreement without the other’s prior written consent.
The waiver by either party of any breach or failure to enforce any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time shall not in any way affect, limit, or waive such party’s right thereafter to enforce and compel strict compliance with every term and condition of this Agreement.
Each party represents and warrants to the other that such party has acted in good faith, and agrees to continue to so act, in the negotiation, execution, delivery, performance, and any termination of this Agreement.
Right to Withhold Content and Creative Services
In the event that a single party fails in its obligations as set forth on Exhibit B within the time prescribed in Exhibit B, the other party has the right to withhold further content and Services performed for or on behalf of the other party until such obligations are met.
Use of Services and Creative Content for Promotional Purposes
Either party may market, use or otherwise promote the creative content or description of the services or results of services or campaign data based on an objective good faith belief that the party’s interests are aligned and such pronation is mutually beneficial to the parties.
Placement of Tracking Codes
Both parties may use tracking codes, URLs, or other IDs to evaluate the effectiveness of any and all marketing.
In the event any party to this Agreement employs an attorney to enforce any of the terms of the Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its actual attorney’s fees and costs, including expert witness fees.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address and password, geographic information (such as your city, state and country), school information (such as your school, major and graduation year), company information (such as your company name, description, industry, size), job title, phone number, gender, birthday and additional profile information (including, without limitation, a profile photo, cover photo, and tagline) when you create an account to log into our network or are onboarding to the Site (“Account”) or are onboarding to the Site.
- When you post certain content on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users of the Site may be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public through your profile (“Profile”). Messages between users are private only to the users on the thread.
- After you create an Account, you may choose to provide additional information on your Profile, such as descriptions of your skills, professional experience, and educational background. You can also upload your resume to include in your Profile.
- When you apply for an internship or mentorship through the Services, we will collect any additional information from you needed to apply for the internship or mentorship.
- When you post a job, internship or mentorship through the Services, we will collect any additional information about the job, internship or mentorship such as the description, requirements and how to apply.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional personal information.
- For each professional development entry (each an “Entry”) you submit, we may collect the title, category, description, and associated image for the Entry as well as hashtags associated with and tagged teammates with respect to the Entry.
- When you “like” an Entry we will collect information around your “like” and will include you as a “Liker” of the entry along with certain Profile information, such as your profile photo.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your device, reinstall the App, or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your device, reinstall the App, or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.When you post messages through the Services and/or comment on content available through the Site, the information contained in your posting and/or comment will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- If you purchase certain additional services through the Services, we may collect information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and may share.
- If you purchase certain additional services through the Services, we may collect information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and may share.We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion, we will collect any data you provide in connection with that promotion.
- We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Information Collected via Social Networking Sites.
Information Collected via Technology.
When you use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you use our Services, your geographic location, how you use the Services, information about the type of device you use, your Open Device Identification Number, date/time stamps for your visit, your unique device identifier, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and domain name are all collected. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and administer and improve the Site. In addition, in the event our App crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our App.
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
We may log information using “Cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users, but are embedded invisibly in Web pages.
When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here.
Inviting Others to Join the Site
Through the Site, you can invite third parties to create an Account by sending them your referral link. We will collect information regarding who you refer to the Site and the connection formed between you and the newly created user.
If you have enabled location services on your mobile device, we collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- process and deliver contest/challenge entries and rewards;
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- link or combine user information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to process and deliver orders for additional services;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services and partner services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may also create anonymous and/or de-identified data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to enhance the content of our Services and improve the Site. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
User Testimonials and Feedback
We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name as well as the user’s title, school or company, and major. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting this information along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We may share your feedback with your first and last name as well as the user’s title, school or company, and major. If we choose to post such information along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Share
Our Site and Services allow you to connect and share content and information. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public on the Site. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
Information We Share
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent;
- to third parties designated by you;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to third parties to process payments made through the Services;
- with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- with an SNS if you choose to post content to an SNS through the Service;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cue Career, our customers or others.
If you apply for an internship or mentorship through the Services, we may share your Profile information and other personal information with the company that posted the internship or mentorship.
Preferential Groups rollouts involve email correspondence between you and Cue Career. You may opt-out of these emails at any time by clicking the appropriate unsubscribe link and/or adjusting your account settings. You will not be emailed without the permission of your university, based on a pre-approved schedule and content.
Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. You can set your Profile to be public or private using the privacy settings in the Site. Content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site depending on your privacy settings and the location of the posting. Once publicly displayed, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put personal information in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt-out of providing your personal information to the App at any time by uninstalling the App.
You can opt-out or customize the type of messages you receive from Cue Career by visiting the “Notifications” tab under “Settings”, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of Cue Career marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may review and update your personal information by visiting the “Settings” tab. If you wish to delete your Cue Career account, you can go to the “Privacy” tab under “Account Settings” and click “Disable Account”. Additionally, you can edit or update other information in your Cue Career profile by visiting the “Profile” tab on your account. You can also edit your personal Cue Career URL on the “Profile” tab within the “Settings” screen. You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and review, update, correct, or delete your personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Third Party Websites
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A Note about Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Cue Career and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line write the word abuse.
Users Outside of the United States
At Cue Career, our goal is to spread knowledge. We encourage the Cue Career community, non-profit organizations, bloggers, news media and the like to share Cue Career videos through social media and to embed individual videos in contextually relevant ways on non-commercial websites using embed code on cuecareer.com. Non-commercial usage of Cue Career should follow the terms of our specific Creative Commons license Attribution – NonCommercial – NonDerivative (BY-NC-ND) and the guidelines that are listed below, which may be updated from time to time.
If you are a for-profit company seeking to license Cue Career video or if you’d like to create a Cue Career-branded video offering, television series, original editorial program or other service offering, or if you’d like to use Cue Career in a corporate context, please contact us at email@example.com and put license video in the subject line.
Are Cue Career videos copyrighted?
Yes, they are. Creative Commons licensing doesn’t replace copyright — which remains undivided with Cue Career Inc.
What does the Cue Career Creative Commons license allow?
We make Cue Career available under the Creative Commons license “Attribution – NonCommercial – NonDerivative” in order to allow non-commercial entities (like bloggers, educators and groups of friends) to use them freely and easily. Important restrictions apply, though, particularly for corporations. Cue Career’s Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license allows you to display Cue Career under the following conditions:
- Attribution (BY)
to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that is obscene, offensive, blasphemous, pornographic, unlawful, threatening, menacing, abusive, harmful, an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
- NonCommercial (NC)
You can’t use Cue Career (or any parts of them) for commercial purposes. If you are a company wishing to create a Cue Career branded content offering, you will require a Distribution Partner License Agreement with Cue Career. Please contact us to explore the opportunity.
- NonDerivative (ND)
You cannot alter the videos in any way. This means you cannot edit, remix, cut, shorten, add overlays to them, or, well, alter them in any way.
- These conditions can be modified only by explicit permission of Cue Career Inc. The complete text of the license can be seen on the Creative Commons (CC) license.
Can I repost or republish Cue Career videos on my site or blog?
Yes, as long as you meet the Creative Commons guidelines above and follow the guidelines below:
- Type of site/company
Bloggers, news/information websites and nonprofits (by which we mean: registered 501(c)3 organizations in the United States, and the equivalent in all other countries), may make Cue Career videos available under a Creative Commons (CC) license, provided that they follow the rest of the guidelines on this page.
You must add a visible link back to Cuecareer.com
- Running videos in their entirety
You may not edit Cue Career videos, or alter them in any way. This is essential for preserving the integrity of the association’s ideas.
Can I use Cue Career videos on an Internet video platform?
If one or more of the categories listed below characterizes your company’s business, you will require a Distribution Partner License Agreement with Cue Career. Please contact us.
- Internet Video Service
- Cable, Satellite or Telecommunication Operator
- Television or Radio Broadcaster
- Audio Service
- Specialized Cable/Satellite Channel
- Home Entertainment Device
- IPTV Service and Set Top Box Manufacturer
- Mobile and Tablet Manufacturer
- Web Browser Applications and Stores
- Subscription-Based Educational Service
- Corporate Education and Professional Development Provider
- In-flight, Hospitality or Hotel Entertainment Provider
- Other Commercial Entity
Can I project Cue Career videos to a group of people?
Yes, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. For projecting Cue Career videos, we recommend downloading the high-def video rather than projecting the streaming file from the web. In fact, we encourage you to find creative ways to share Cue Career videos with your friends, family, students, colleagues, and communities.
Can I show Cue Career videos during my conference?
Yes, as long as it’s within the scope of a non-commercial event, and as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. In particular, the talks must be shown unedited, including the Cue Career visuals and if applicable those of the partner conference, and those of the Cue Career sponsor, as well as the copyright information. If you wish to use Cue Career video in a commercial context, please contact us with a motivated request for permission.
Can I use Cue Career videos in my classroom?
Yes, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. Many teachers use Cue Career to stimulate discussions with students or to complement course materials, and we encourage you to do so as well.
Can I re-edit and remix Cue Career videos?
No. Our Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license clearly states that “derivative works” of any kind (edits, cuts, re-mixes, mashups, etc.) are not allowed without explicit permission from Cue Career.
Can I use Cue Career videos on a television channel?
If you are a public or private broadcaster or cable network and wish to create a television series based on Cue Career, you would require a Distribution Partner License Agreement. Please contact us and describe your idea for using Cue Career content.
Can I use Cue Career in my documentary?
Requests for use within a documentary should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject documentary.
How do I request an image from Cue Career?
Image requests should be submitted via email to email@example.com subject: request an image – The request should be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of publication/outlet
- Name of requested image
- Publication date
- Preferred file format
- Deadline for receipt of image
A photo credit will be provided when the image is delivered. This credit must run in full.